One-On-One Photo Consultations
Spend an intense 90 minutes with Robert Floyd:
Photo Review Session
- Please ring as many prints and digital images you wish to share with Robert.
- Prepare yourself for a priceless adventure. Guranteef to raise your photography to the next level.
- Robert will critique each and every image and reveal a style that emerges from your images.
- You may ask any question and expect an answer to your satisfactoion.
- Robert will discover strengths of your photography and how you may enhance them.
- In this process, your weaknesses will be revealed and suggestions offered on how you most constructively can address them.
- You will be offered three project recoomendatins to pursue over next 6 months to take your photography to the next level.
- Receive a FREE optional 20 minute follow-up session.
Photo Archive Management Session
- Assess your photo management plans before you leave this planet.
- What will happen to your digital images on those portable hard drives?
- How about all those master prints in your portfolio cases?
- What? You have no portfolio cases. Oy vey!
- Why are we not prepared? Our lack of time, indecision about opportunities, and denial of our own mortality.
- Minimize the chaos. Maximize the gain. Minimize the tax liability.
Our session was helpful on many levels including helping me to focus more on the fine art aspect of my work. I appreciated you identifying my work that moved you and why it did so.
I do wish we could have been in the same room but I did so appreciate your flexibility in meeting with me over the phone! Thanks much,
_Amy Klein, Winsdor, CT
A quick note to say thank you for the one on one session this past Wednesday. I learned more in that hour and a half than I have in months of manual reading and internet searching. I’ve begun putting your advice to work here and am excited to see my future photos!. It was a pleasure meeting and learning from you.
_Derek Allard, Easthampton
I have had the privilege and pleasure of working closely with Robert Floyd on the development of a series of personal portfolios.
He met with me 1:1 and guided me systematically through the arduous process of reviewing my library of work helping me to see where I have strong enough bodies of work to "warrant" specific personal portfolios (e.g. intimate portraits, cityscapes...).
As we reviewed individual images he used his photographic expertise and his wisdom as a gallery owner to give me editorial suggestions which, more times than not, truly improved my image, along with practical feedback.
He struck a delicate balance of being supportive and encouraging but also willing to be honest and straightforward if he thought a particular image was too weak to be included in a portfolio at the present time. I did not feel like he imposed his style or a set agenda but instead encouraged me to see my own strengths and my own photographic voice. Sometimes our opinions differed but I always felt respected and I found that his explanations were thoughtful and educative.
If he referenced someone else's work in order to make a point, it was not uncommon for me to receive an email later that evening with a photo attached, illustrating the point he was making. I felt like he was "holding" our process even when we were not actively meeting in a session.
He taught me the importance of valuing my work and how best to show it to those who may be interested.
He was patient and steadfast in his willingness to help me complete this otherwise overwhelming task. After 4 sessions, I came away with a series of well-organized portfolio folders each with selections of "best of" images that I am now ready to print. I am truly grateful for his professional guidance, wisdom and endless encouragement to discover and uncover my artistic vision.
_Diane Norman, Hadley