The Long Term Project Workshop
Jan 30, 2019 - Jun 26, 2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm | Category: Workshop
Instructions. Private direction. Critiques. Artist Gallery Conversations. Project completion for your personal project.
It’s that time of year again. Ambitions. Plans. Re-birth.
My favorite workshop, tested throughout the many years. Proven to take you to your next level.
- You will learn to create a deep connection to a body of work over time.
- We will focus on a personal project of yours to give you the skill set needed to create images unified with style and a theme.
- We explore documentary vs more personal or artistic projects.
- We continue to offer something special to facilitate and support your ideas.
- Join us for an adventure with like-minded creative photographers.
- We select a theme and a goal for each other as we sit around The Gallery's oval table.
- Each month we review each others images offering encouragement, supportive critiques, and suggestions.
- One-on-one sessions in The Gallery to review your images and approaches and techniques.
- Leave with a cohesive direction.
- Select a portfolio, photo book, group of framed images, and or a calendar for your goal.
Yes, you may not attend a class or two provided you meet with the instructor during that time to ensure you remain on track. No worries…
You will learn…
- How to creatively convey your point of view in your images
- How to edit your work consistently
- How to establish a market for your images…publication, exhibit, special interests groups, calendars
- Our first session together allows us several ways to express our theme interests
- Our first session will start us writing a proposal for our project
- You will work on your personal project for the next six months.
- Our group sessions will offer techniques, critiques, and past successful projects.
- Your goal is to complete a substantial body of work in six months.
'Miss' a session and I require you enjoy a one-on-one session with me asap, no worries.
You and I will meet now and then anyway in a one-on-one session to review your progress, discuss strategies, and maintain your level of confidence necessary to keep moving forward with your personal project.
You are invited to join your fellow workshop participants to present a group Artist Gallery Conversation some Sunday afternoon at The Gallery.
We meet for six sessions on last Wednesday evenings at The Gallery:
JAN 30, FEB 27, MAR 27, APR 24, MAY 29, JUN 26__7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Prepare for a guaranteed life adventure.
Testimonials from Long Term Photo Project Workshop participants:
“My experience during the six month Photo Project was well worth my investment. Feedback from Robert and the group helped me clarify the goals for my project, and having a finite time frame kept me moving toward that goal. Robert's ongoing, one-on-one support throughout the six months was priceless. This is a workshop I would repeat.” __Pat Crutchfield, Southwick
“Robert's teaching ability is easy to understand. The one on one instruction I received on settings and composition gave me more confidence to continue on. I had a big smile on my face when the project was done. It was a challenge.” __Madeline Catania, Agawam
“The Robert Floyd Gallery and Learning Center provides a unique learning experience through the Photo Project Workshops by providing helpful hints and constructive direction for shooting better photos. Being able to use Robert as a sounding board has helped to keep me focused to move forward with my selected workshop theme. These workshops are filled with other photographers who also want to improve their skills; thus we are all learning from each other.”
“Robert is always available by email or phone to help with project ideas or challenges. Not only are the workshops fun and motivating, but you meet new people and make new friends. All in all a truly great experience.” __Jack Grimaldi, Ludlow