18th Annual “Women in History Month” Exhibit_entry details.
Feb 4, 2019 - Mar 2, 2019 see text | Category: Contest
Photo contest for women photographers 18+ living anywhere.
Yes…help us continue our tradition. Please reach out to any women photographer. The Gallery offers community to you now. We celebrate spirit and wisdom. Entering is easy.
It's a fun month. Our women exhibitors share March Sunday afternoon Artist Gallery Conversations.
The Robert Floyd Photo Gallery and Learning Center presents our 18th Annual “Women in History” Photo Contest/Exhibit.
- This year's theme is “Women B&W Portraits_Their Story” and is open to you and all women photographers, near and far.
- All women 18 and over living anywhere in the world.
- Prints must not exceed 13” X 19” and must be 11” X 14” or larger.
- Amateur, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced photographers 18 and older who do not receive a majority of their income from photography.
Our joint responsibilities:
- Your artwork will be suitably framed and wired for hanging.
- Robert Floyd Photo Gallery and Learning Center will publicize our exhibit in Gallery Newsletters, Gallery Website, FaceBook page, as well as local newspapers.
- We encourage you to spread the word.
- Selected artwork will be exhibited at Easthampton Media for sale in the month of April…as a bonus!
- Winning artwork will remain on exhibit at The Floyd Photo Gallery thru APR 28.
- Our juror(s) will look for story telling images, creattivity, uniqueness, and presentation.
- Submission to this exhibit constitutes accepatance of stated conditions
- Your entry grants permission to photograph your artwork for promotional purposes only!
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $20 is charged for each woman per framed artwork.
- Each woman may submit up to three entries. Check or money order made out to Robert Floyd Photography.
- Artwork is priced for sale and will remain on exhibit thru MAR 31 at The Floyd Photo Gallery.
- Artwork selected to remain at The Floyd Photo Gallery and/or Easthampton Media in APR will maintain their selling price.
- The Gallery retains 50% of sales, sending you 50% of sales 30 days after exhibit ends.
- The Gallery prides itself on the care of artwork. However, we advise you to insure your artwork.
Hand Delivered Entries:
Framed artwork will be brought into Robert Floyd Photo Gallery on any of these dates:
- Tuesday, FEB 26, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, FEB 27, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, FEB 28, 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Friday, MAR 1, 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Saturday, MAR 2, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Please email email@example.com to make other arrangements.
Exhibit dates: MAR 4 - MAR 31
- Opening reception: MAR 3, 1 pm - 5 pm
- Closing reception: MAR 24, 1 pm - 5 pm
Women Artist Conversations: MAR 3, 10, and 17, 3:00 pm
- Women photographers engage in Artist Conversations sharing their stories as well as those of their subjects.
Awards ceremony: MAR 24, 3:00 pm
- Hundreds of dollars in cash and merchant awards are awarded to the judged entries.
Questions? 413-529-2635 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Floyd Photo Gallery and Learning Center
- 2 East Street (@ Route 10) Southampton, MA 01073
Price: Nonrefundable entry fee of $20 per framed artwork. Each artist may submit up to three entries.