17th Annual Women in History Month” photo contest/exhibit
Mar 1, 2018 - Mar 25, 2018 | Themes: Nature, Photo Journalism, Travel, Abstract
Group exhibit by women photographers 18+ for The Floyd Gallery's 17th Annual "Women in History Month" photo contest/exhibit.
The Gallery is pleased to announce the 17th Annual “Women in History” Photo Contest/Exhibit. Women photographers 18+ were invited to submit up to 4 framed artwork.
This year's exhibitors are:
Gail Abbott, Ashfield (4)
Amber Eastman Black, Easthampton (4)
Donna Cote, Granby (1)
Terry Ann Hoag, Southampton (1)
Maggie Horsnell, South Hadley (2)
Barb Krawczyk, Westfield (3)
Karen Lemoine, Amherst (2)
Rosemary Polletta, Springfield (2)
Diane Savioli-Chase, Feeding Hills (1)
Peggy Twardowski, Easthampton (1)
Here are the “Artwork” categories:
- Portraits of women living anywhere in the world, B&W only. NEW artwork to The Gallery only.
- Scapes including, land, water, urban, farm, and sky, color or B&W. Yes, you may enter any artwork in this category that you have exhibited before at The Gallery.
- Close-ups of inanimate objects, color or B&W. Yes, you may enter any artwork in this category that you have exhibited before at The Gallery.
- Women photographers engage in Artist Conversations sharing their stories as well as those of their subjects.
- Hundreds of dollars in cash and merchant awards are awarded to the judged entries.
- Entries will be accepted through March 2. Please call if you need to submit on Saturday, MAR 3.
Exhibit dates: March 4 - March 31
Opening reception: March 4, 1 pm - 5 pm
Closing reception: March 25, 1 pm - 5 pm
Women Artist Conversations: March 4, 18, 3:00 pm
Awards ceremony: March 25, 3:00 pm