“The Why of Black and White Photography Level 2” Workshop
Dec 15, 2018 - Dec 15, 2018 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm | Category: Workshop
A three month advanced black and white photography workshop.
The Why of B&W Photography Workshop - Level 2
Color Management, Printing, and Exhibiting
Instructors: Ed Judge, fine-art photographer and Certified Adobe Expert in Lightroom and Photoshop with Robert Floyd, Photojournalist and Gallery Owner
DEC 15, JAN 19, FEB 16 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Workshop Goals: Help you as intermediate and advanced photographers to:
- Establish or improve your color-managed workflow
- Reduce your time and money spent on photo editing and printing
- Imrove the impact of your prints
- Present your five final master prints during an Artist Gallery Conversation at The Floyd Gallery
Three sessions will be held at The Floyd Gallery on 3rd Saturdays.
Experience: Intermediate or advanced photographers who have either participated in or have the awareness, knowledge, and skill achieved in “Why B&W Photography Workshop – Level 1”
Software: Access to and working knowledge of supported commercially-available photo applications including Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and Photoshop Elements.
Monitor: Calibrated by a hardware/software-based calibration system.
Photo Printer: Able to produce exhibit-quality prints.
- Prior to the first session, you will select 3 prints you like and 2 prints you want help with.
- B&W prints are preferred. Images will be printed on photo quality paper with an ink space from 8x10 to 12x18 inches in size.
- You will bring your 5 prints to the first session at the Gallery.
- During each month, you will focus on a specific genre and capture up to 36 images including multiple captures of the same subject.
- You will print and bring your 3 best and two challenge prints to the upcoming session.
- During a session, you will present your 3 best images taken during the month and explain why you made the choices you did.
- You will also present two prints you had difficulty with.
- Your fellow participants will provide constructive feedback in the spirit of mutual learning.
“Photographer’s Choice.” At the last session, you will present yourr best five B&W prints you produced during the course of this workshop.
You are invited to present your 5 best B&W prints during an Artist Gallery Conversation at the Floyd Photo Gallery on a Sunday afternoon..
Tuition is only $295. Limited enrollment to no more than 3 other participants and you.